A fax (short for facsimile and sometimes called telecopying) is the telephonic transmission of scanned-in printed material (text or images), pdf or .tiff files, usually to a telephone number associated with a printer or other output device.
1. Sending FAX
To Send a FAX follow the steps below;
- Select Faxes under the status menu
- Select Send FAX
Selecting "Send FAX" will open the following page;
- Number: <Enter the receivers FAX number>
- Schedule Delivery: <Enter the date & time for delivery>e.g. 2016-02-25 09:36
Note: Enter a different time only if you want to send the Fax at a later time or date.
- CallerID: <Select the senders CallerID>
- Fax Quality: <Select a setting for the fax quality>
Note: This setting is optional, don’t change if you are not aware of the quality
- File in .Pdf of .Tiff format: <Choose a file you wish to FAX>
Note: The system only accepts .pdf or .tiff format.
- Email status to: <Enter an email address if you wish to receive the status of the fax sent>
Click "Send" once done.
2. Receiving Fax
A DID can be configured to accept voice, fax or Identify the incoming service (voice or fax). Auto-detection relies on signalling at the start of the call and cannot be always reliable. The time to detect the fax tone can be set on the Admin/Settings page.
Follow the steps below to configure the system to receive Faxes
Select DID from the Configuration Menu
- Select a DID you want to configure to receive FAX.
- Scroll down to the FAX section.
- Receive FAX: <Select YES>
- Fax Station ID: <Enter the ID if applicable>
- FAX Header: <Enter the text for the Fax Header>
- FAX Protocol: <Default – Do not change>
- Email Destinations: <Enter the email address to receive the Fax>
Store FAX: <Select Yes or No depending upon the requirement>
Click "Save" once done.