Ring groups are a group of extensions or numbers that can be rung when attached to a DID or using the number (pictured below) if dialing internally.
- Name - The name of your ring group - make it something memorable as you will need to select it from a drop list if applying to a phone number
- Number - This number can be dialed internally to reach the ring group, make sure the number is unique as to not clash with other groups, queues etc.
- Type - These are the ring methods for your ring group;
- Ring All - rings all the extensions in the group at once
- Cycle - rings the extensions in cyclic order
- Sequence - rings the extensions in the order
- Ring All over Loop - phones will ring for the defined ring time until timeout
- Extensions - Select the extensions to ring in a group
Additional Settings (Optional)
- Use Default Music On Hold instead of ringing - uses the accounts music on hold instead of ringing
- Skip if extension are in use/offline - If the extension in the ring group is in a call/offline it will skip to the next extension
- Allow extension redirect - Enabling this option follows the divert set on the physical handset
- Allow FMFM - If enabled, follow the FMFM rules set on individual extensions
- Allow additional destinations - If enabled, the ring group can follow the additional destination settings of each extension
- Use Custom Destination Details - When dialing an external number
- Request confirm to answer - When the dialed extension is answered they can press 1 to accept or 2 to decline the call
Request confirm to answer if set, requests the Receiver to accept or reject the call. If the call is rejected, the Ring Groups continues trying to locate a phone.
- Confirm Message: The audio message that plays to the extension if Request Confirm to Answer is enabled
- Ring time: How many seconds each extension rings for if you're using a cycle or sequence ring type
- On timeout: The action taken on timeout - e.g. redirect calls to second ring group or voicemail if unanswered.
Click "Save" once done.
Please sign in to leave a comment.