A phone book can be used to store a list of telephone numbers of customers or members of staff in an organisation, the phone book can also store additional information such as; email address, company, alternative number etc.
Defining a New Phone Books
- Select More Configuration under Configuration
- Select Phone Books then Phone Books or Manage Phone Books from the listed options
- Click on New Phone Book from the Right Top Corner.
- Name: <Enter the Name of the phone book> e.g. Sales Phone book
- Items: <Select the fields required in the phone book> e.g. Name, Phone, etc.
- Click Save to finish creating your phone book.
Uploading Phone books
- Select the required Phone book or create one using the steps above.
- Select “CSV Load” to load the contacts in the phone book
- Load File: Click on choose file to upload contacts in the phone book.
Note: The file must be in a CSV format. A Sample file can be found attached below.
- Old data: <Choose “Add to” if you are adding new data or “Replace” If you are replacing old data>
- Delimiter: <Select the delimiter, by default it is “;”>
- Enclosure: <Leave blank>
- Decimal point is: <Default “.”>
- Escape: <Leave blank>
- First row: <Choose whether 1st row contains “Data” or the “Column Names”
Additional Settings (Using Phone books in Queues)
- Use Default Music On Hold instead of ringing.
- Skip if extension are in use or offline.
Note: Checks if extensions are in use or offline. If Yes, skips dialling extension.
- Allow extension redirect.
- Allow FMFM
- Allow additional destinations
Note: Enable if you want to forward the call to another destinations.
- Request confirm to answer
Request confirm to answer if set, requests the Receiver to accept or reject the call. If the call is rejected, the Ring Groups continues trying to locate a phone.
- Confirm Message: <Select the desired option>
- Ring time: <Enter the time in seconds>
- On timeout: <Select the desired option> E.g. Managers Mobile
Note: Custom destination can be created in Customs Destination section in the option menu.
Click Save to complete your configuration.