Call queue permits to hold all the incoming call in a queue and distribute the calls to the agents available.
Define Call Queue
Click on New Queue
- Name: <Key in the desired Queue Name> e.g. Finance Queue
- Number:<Key in the desired Queue number> e.g. 601
- Always Record: <YES/NO>
Note: Always Record allows to always record the call. The call recordings can be accessed through the Call History option.
- Play to the caller: <Select from the available options> e.g. Music on Hold
- Queue Timeout: <Enter the time in Seconds> e.g. 120
Note: It is the duration the caller can be on hold in the queue before being sent to the destination specified in the “On timeout” (Seconds)
- Service Level: <Duration in seconds>
- Max Queue Length: <Unlimited>
- Weight: <0>
- Auto Fill: <No>
- On Timeout:<Select from the options available>
- Queue Server <Please check with your System Administrator>
- Strategy: <Specifies the rule for the agents to answer the calls>
- Ring All – All extensions ring at the same time
- Round Robin – Extensions ring one at the time, in a round robin pattern.
- Random – Extension ring in a random order.
- Least Recent – Rings the least recent extension.
- Fewest Calls – Rings the extension with the fewest calls.
- Linear – Rings extensions in the order specified. Due to some asterisk limitation, it is not possible to change the Strategy of an already defined Queue to “Linear”. The queue needs to be destroyed and recreated.
- Agents: <Select the agents belong to the queue>
- Ring when in use of offline: <Yes/No>
- Agent timeout: <30>
Note: Agent Timeout is the amount of time an agent is ring before moving on the next agent.
- Wrap-up time: <Duration in seconds>
Note: It is the time allowed for an agent to wrap up before the next call starts ringing.
- Auto Pause: <Yes/No>
- Timeout Restart: <Yes/No>
- On no available members: <Select the appropriate Action>
Note: A special action can be configured when No Available Members are present in the queue.
- On No free members: <Select the desired action>
- Agent Announce: <No Message/Select sound file>
Note: This is an announcement that plays to the agent before being connected to a call - i.e. "This call is from the support queue"
- Max Call Duration:<Duration in seconds>
- Announce Frequency: <Enter the duration in seconds> i.e. 10
- Periodic Announce: <Select the appropriate option> i.e. Double Beep or Select an uploaded media file.
Queue Call Back
- Queue Exit Key: <Specify a key to exit from the queue>
- On Exit Key:
- On Queue Call Back: <Select the appropriate action>
- Caller ID Number: <Select the appropriate CallerID no.>
- Caller ID Name:<Key in the a CallerID name if required>
- Call backs max attempts: <Key in the desired number> i.e. 3
- Play MOH when only one user. (Plays Music on Hold when there is only one user)
- Allow access to menu with *
- Announce Frequency: <Key in the desired number> i.e. 0
- Announce hold time: <Select the appropriate action>
- Announce position: <Select the appropriate action>
- "You are the next" message: <Select the appropriate action>
- "There are" message: <Select the appropriate action>
- "Calls waiting" message: <Select the appropriate action>
- "Thank you" message: <Select the appropriate action>
Click "Save" once done.